These children in Afghanistan have a very hard life by any standard, especially by Western standards. Almost daily we are seeing children with significant burns, blunt and penetrating trauma, or infections that have progressed much farther than they would in the US. This little girl is about 3 years old and she was burnt when she apparently knocked over a boiling tea kettle. She was brought in about 12 hours after it happened. We sedated her and cleaned up her burn and dressed it. We arranged for her transfer to a burn center in Kabul and she flew out yesterday. She'll probably do okay in the long run, but it's hard to see these kids going through all the suffering they do when some simple safety measures could prevent these accidents.